Friday, March 25, 2016

Just chillin'

I did wake up in time for church and made it on the free bus that goes around picking up people for church. There I found out the pastor's reason why he wanted me there. I had to hold a speech, to greet everyone and let them know who I am. It came from the bushes so I had no speech prepared. In my opinion I did well improvising the whole thing and actually got some ooud laughs out of the audience.

On Monday I went to visit downtown Joburg with two guys I met at the fellowship , Rocko and Remano (I met them before but that's when I talked to them). We walked around, went shopping and just fooled around. I still have lots of parts to see in the city and lots of people want to take me to different spots so they'll have to figure out who takes me where.
I also went to get a haircut, and got a head massage which hasn't definitely happened to me in a barbershop in Finland. The barber also trimmed the edges with razorblade and the whole thing took around 10 minutes and cost 35 rand, which is just over 2 euros.

Work has been mostly office stuff this week, easter holiday started and not many kids show up at the centre. We planned the sport's day, tried to get sponsors for the prizes, lunch etc; cleaned the centre and organised the library. On Wednesday night when I was watching TV alone in Sydney's house, security guards showed up at the door and told me there was an alarm at the centre and I had to accompany them to check it. Luckily it was a false alarm.

Today I went to the church because Rocko asked me to have easter lunch with his family, because it's Good Friday. There were 2 kinds of fish, and lots of different salads. For dessert we had custard and jelly and cake because there was a surprise birthday party for one guy named Able.

Afterwards we drove around meeting new people and just walked around on the street. Rocko and others went to dance in some house and I didn't bother that much because I can't dance. Rocko promised to teach me to dance though.

Now I'm sitting at his home, where I'll stay the night because in the morning we'll leave to Soweto.

No comments:

Post a Comment