Sunday, March 6, 2016

Welcome to my blog, where I try my best to describe my life and events for the next 10 weeks when I'll be in Johannesburg, South Africa. The reason why I'm going there are my current studies. I'm studying to become a youth and leisure instructor in Haapavesi Folk High School in Finland. My education is heavily influenced by practical lessons and learning by doing so we have lots of work practices to complete if we ever want to graduate.

I knew from the start that I want to do a work placement period abroad, but wasn't really set on where until last November and at the time of writing this I have around 20 hours till my flight leaves Helsinki. So I guess it's too late to back off or change my mind now.

It's hard for me to describe how I feel at the moment, I rarely get nervous and even right now I don't feel that anxious, just happy and excited. I've never been outside Europe though so we'll see if I freak out at the airport tomorrow so keep an eye on the news for live coverage of me doing stupid stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment